Two fabulous cookbooks, 85 Inspirational Chefs and Chefs at Home, mark the first time every chef within Relais & Châteaux North America has collaborated on such a project. Featuring such celebrated chefs as Patrick O’Connell, Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud and Jean-Georges Vongerichten, 85 Inspirational Chefs is a beautifully illustrated compilation of menus and 184 signature recipes created by the North American chefs of Relais & Châteaux. The second book, Chefs at Home, includes simpler recipes that these chefs choose to cook when they’re at home. Available through our online Shoppe, or on your next visit to Canoe Bay ® hotel!
Signature Trail Mix Cookies
(makes 2-3 dozen)
- 16 OZ BUTTER
- 2 CUPS BROWN SUGAR (Packed)
- 1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- ½ CUP MILK
- 2 EA EGGS
- 2 TSP VANILLA
- 2 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 TSP CINNAMON
- 1 TSP BAKING SODA
- ½ TSP SALT
- 6 CUPS OATS
- 1 CUP GOLDEN RAISINS
- 1 CUP DRIED CRANBERRIES
- 1 ½ CUPS CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy and add eggs one at a time.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Combine Milk and Vanilla together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- Mix until combined about 2 or 3 minutes.
- On a greased baking tray, drop about 2 oz spoonfuls on to sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 325. Should make about 24-36 cookies. Cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack.
Saffron Potato Leek Soup
(yield: eight 16-ounce servings)
- 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- 3 EACH LEEKS (WHITE/LIGHT GREEN PART ONLY) SLICED
- ½ CUP WHITE WINE
- 2 IDAHO POTATOES, CUT IN LARGE CHUNKS
- 3 QUARTS WATER
- ¼ TEASPOON SAFFRON
- 1 CUP HEAVY CREAM
- TO TASTE SALT
- In a large pot, heat oil at med/low heat. Add leeks, sweating them down until soft and translucent.
- Add white wine to pot and reduce, still at med/low heat, until almost dry.
- Add water, saffron, and potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add the cream. Blend soup 2 cups at a time in blender (med.-high speed) until smooth (use extreme caution while blending hot soup!).
- Season blended soup to taste with salt. You may adjust the consistency by adding more water.