A true retreat from the stresses of contemporary living, Canoe Bay ® hotel was designed by a couple, especially for couples, and inhabits an unspoiled, peaceful, wonderfully secluded setting. Dedicated to excellence, our goal is to become your favorite among romantic destinations. We and our staff are committed to providing you with authentic privacy, friendly service, memorable cuisine and every luxury in a totally smoke-free environment.
This is a quiet and restorative place, with an outstanding chef, extensive wine list and large, current libraries of books, magazines and movies. You may go walking, canoeing, swimming or snowshoeing—even keep up with your workouts in our Fitness Center—all without leaving the property. Of course, we find that most couples take advantage of this restful and secluded place to simply relax, reflect and reconnect with one another.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Dan & Lisa Dobrowolski
Your search for romantic destinations is over—you’ve found Canoe Bay ® hotel!
- Each of our 25 accommodations is designed just for the two of you, and offers the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. Whether you choose a room (starting at $250/night), cottage (duplex starting at $440/night; stand-alone starting at $550/night), or the legendary Edgewood Villa ($1,800/night), excellence awaits you.
- Each accommodation features a two-person whirlpool tub, stone fireplace, private deck, and one King bed.
- Nightly rates include a continental breakfast in bed and full use of our facilities. (Rates are per room, double or single occupancy, excluding 5.5% sales tax)
- Breakfast is delivered to your room each morning; continental breakfast (baked goods, fruit, beverages) is included with each night's lodging
- Lunch is available daily, delivered to your room
- Dinner is served in our handsome lakeside dining room, with a new Chef's menu each night*, price fixed at $75/person. Seating is on a first-come basis.
- At dinner, a sportcoat for gentlemen is appropriate, but not required. Please, no fleece, faded jeans, tennis shoes, shorts or flip-flops in the Dining Room.
- You'll find an award-winning wine list, and our sommelier is happy to assist you in selecting the perfect bottle for your occasion.
- We do not offer hard liquors or mixed drinks
- Please alert us at the time you make your reservation if you or your guest have a food allergy or diet restriction. The chef is happy to accommodate your preferences.
- The Dining Room is closed and dinner is not offered on Tuesday nights year-'round, and also on Wednesday nights from Nov. through April (except the Wednesday between Christmas and New Year’s).
- There are a number of casual restaurants within a 10–30 minute drive. A collection of menus and driving directions is at Reception.
- On-premises activities include canoeing, kayaking, swimming, hiking, snowshoeing and a Fitness Center. Guests also enjoy free use of our terrific, current libraries of books, magazines, and DVD movies.
- Three private lakes, and a great beach for sunbathing and swimming
- Free wi-fi hotspots available on-site
- Architecture and design inspired by Wisconsin native Frank Lloyd Wright
- We cater exclusively to adults; no children and no pets are allowed.
- THE PROPERTY IS 100% SMOKE-FREE, OUTDOORS AS WELL AS INDOORS. This policy is strictly enforced & includes a ban on ALL open flames, including the use of candles.
- With 3 weeks' notice of a cancellation, your deposit is refundable, less an 8% administration fee. With less than 3 weeks' notice, a refund is only possible if we are able to re-sell your room nights. However, your deposit may always be transferred to new dates with no fee.
Arrival and Departure
- Check-in is from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. (CT).
- Check-out is 11 a.m.
- Tours are by appointment only, to respect our guests' privacy